Even if you have thought of plenty of snack ideas in the past, you might find you are stuck when under pressure. This is why it helps to plan ahead and have a few go-to, healthy take along snacks.
What makes a “great” snack great? It is usually low in calories, but still provides ample nutrition. The goal is to tide you over until your next meal and give you a bit of an energy boost. Great snacks should be quick to assemble and convenient to eat. Occasionally it is OK to indulge in a messy snack at-home, but with our busy lives, snacks usually need to be quick and clean. Finally, you want a snack free of preservatives and unfamiliar ingredients. Healthy snacks taste better and are better for your body. The next time you are at a loss for a great snack, check out one of the options listed below. This list of 100 healthy snacks to eat on-the-go is sure to prevent snack-time boredom.
Snacks for Weight Loss
Nuts and Seeds-Nuts and seeds are a great way to provide your body with energy-rich protein and healthy fats. Watch your serving size, though. All you need is a handful.
6. Pumpkin Seeds
7. Sunflower Seeds
Fruits– Fruits are loaded with nutrition. Slice them, dice them, or eat them whole. If you opt for dried fruit, make sure that it doesn’t contain any added sugars.
23. Dried Fruit
24. Orange Slices
26. Apple Chips
30. Cherry Tomatoes
Vegetables– Vegetables are often high in nutrition, but super low in calories. They’re also great for boosting your metabolism.
32. Zucchini Sticks
34. Green Pepper
35. Orange, Yellow, or Red Pepper
39. Raw Veggie Kabob
40. Sugar Snap Peas
41. Broccoli Florets
42. Asparagus Spears
43.Bell Pepper Candy
Fun Snack Combinations– You’ll love these nutritious and delicious combo options.
- Banana and Peanut Butter
45. Peppers and Hummus “Sandwich”
46. Carrots Chips and Hummus Bits
47. Whole Grain Pita Bread and Hummus
48. Berry Salad
49. Nuts and Berries
50. Graham Cracker and Peanut Butter Sandwich
51. Turkey and Lettuce Wrap
52. Avocado Wrap
53. Whole Grain Crackers and Cheese
54. Celery and Peanut Butter
55. Apple Slices and Swiss Cheese
56. Tuna on Slice of Whole Grain Bread
57. Cherry Tomatoes and Mozzarella Stick Wrapped in Basil Leaf
58. Low-Fat Cheddar Cheese Cubes and Whole Grain Crackers
59. Whole Grain Tortilla Wrap with Scrambled Egg
Warm Weather Snacks– Cool off with these special “cool” treats.
- Frozen Banana Rounds Dipped in Chocolate
61. Whole FruitPopsicles
62. Homemade Frozen Yogurt Bars
63. Frozen Berries
64. Watermelon Cubes
65. Frozen Grapes
Bars– What’s more convenient than grabbing a healthy, and satisfying bar when you’re on-the-go?
- Banana Blueberry Bars
67.Quinoa Protein Bars
68. Peanut Butter and Honey Oat Bars (pictured above)
Healthy Carbs– Fill up your belly and increase energy levels with these high carb options.
- Sweet Potato Fries
70. Whole Grain Waffle
71. Whole grain English Muffin
72. Whole Grain Dry Cereal
73. Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi
74. Graham Crackers
75. Whole Grain Pita Chips
Smoothies– Toss in some healthy ingredients, flip the switch, and viola! You’ve got yourself a healthy snack that tastes great, too!
- Tropical Fruit Smoothie
77.Chocolate Peanut Butter Paradise Smoothie
78. Strawberry Banana Smoothie
79. Mango Smoothie
80. Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
81. Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
82. Cucumber Honeydew Smoothie
83. Watermelon Mint Smoothie
84. Cinnamon Yogurt Smoothie
85. Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
86.Super Foods Smoothie
Still Looking? Here are some more healthy choices to satisfy.
- Southwestern Kale Chips
88. Air Popped Corn
89. Rice Crisps
90. Rice Cakes
91. Hard Boiled Egg
92. String Cheese
93. Trail Mix
95. Roasted Chickpeas
97. Vegetable Juice
98. Light Cheese Wedge
99. Cubed Chicken or Turkey Breast
100. Dark Chocolate Square
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends