Cheesy Zucchini Casserole Recipe
- 6 medium (3 lbs) green zucchini
- 1½ tsp salt, divided (1 tsp for sprinkling and ½ tsp for casserole)
- 2 cups cooked white rice*
- ⅔ cup + ⅓ cup sour cream, divided
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp Mrs Dash, or your favorite salt-free seasoning
- 8 oz block (3 cups shredded) Colby jack or Mexican cheese
- ½ cup chives or green onion, chopped, plus more for garnish
Prep: Preheat oven to 400˚F and butter a 9×13 casserole dish.
How to Make Zucchini Casserole:
- Grate zucchini on the large holes (or the grating attachment on a food processor). Transfer grated zucchini to a colander over the sink and stir in 1 tsp salt. Let stand 10 min, stirring a couple of times then squeeze out the excess moisture with your hands. Transfer drained zucchini to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix sour cream with baking powder and let stand while zucchini drains (8-10 min).
- Into the mixing bowl with drained zucchini, stir in 4 eggs and sour cream mixture.
- Add cooked rice and 2 cups cheese. Stir in ½ cup chives, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp
- Mrs Dash seasoning.
- Pour mixture into buttered casserole dish and spread ⅓ cup sour cream over the top. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over the surface and bake uncovered on the center rack at 400˚ for 40 min. Let stand for 10 min before serving.
*To cook rice for this recipe, you will need 1 cup of uncooked rice.
Source : natashaskitchen.com
Please Head On Over To Next Page and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends