Makes 6 servings
Total Time :
2 Hours, 30 Minutes
1. Chop 1/2 cup cilantro leaves and 1/4 cup parsley leaves; place in a large bowl. Mince 2 garlic cloves; add to herbs in bowl. Add ground sirloin, next 3 ingredients, and 1/4 tsp. salt; stir gently to combine. Shape mixture into 18 balls.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp. canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of meatballs, and cook 6 minutes, turning often to brown all sides. Transfer meatballs to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Repeat with 1 Tbsp. canola oil and remaining meatballs.
3. Process vinegar, next 4 ingredients, and remaining cilantro leaves, parsley leaves, garlic, salt, and canola oil in a food processor until finely chopped and well combined. Stir together 1/2 cup herb mixture and 1/4 cup water; pour over meatballs in slow cooker. Reserve remaining herb mixture. Cover and cook on LOW 2 hours.
4. Remove meatballs from slow cooker with a slotted spoon; discard mixture in slow cooker. Toss meatballs with 1/4 cup reserved herb mixture.
5. Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches from heat. Brush cut sides of rolls with extra virgin olive oil; place on baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Toss together shredded cabbage and 1/2 cup reserved herb mixture. Divide cabbage mixture among rolls; top each roll with 3 meatballs and desired amount of cheese. Serve with lime wedges and any remaining herb mixture.
Please Head On Over To Next Page and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends