Waking up with puffy eyes can be really frustrating when you have a big day ahead. Puffy eyes are one of the most common beauty problems.
This occurs when the eyes begin to swell for various reasons, including excessive crying, excessive physical stress, genetics, dermatitis, hormonal changes in the body, a change in weather, sinus problems, hangovers, bad diet, lack of sleep and some allergic reaction.
Puffy eyes can make you look tired and ill. But you can easily take care of them with some simple, natural home remedies.
Here are the top 10 ways to get rid of puffy eyes.
The easiest way to get rid of puffy eyes is to drink water. When the body is well hydrated, there is less chance of water retention that can cause your under-eye area and other parts of your body to swell. Water also helps flush toxins out of the body.
To stay well hydrated, drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. In addition to this, you must reduce the amount of salt you eat to reduce water retention in the body. Also, avoid caffeinated and carbonated beverages that can be dehydrating.
2. Cold Spoons
This simple home remedy is surprisingly very effective. It will help tighten up the skin around your eyes as well as relax the blood vessels, thus offering relief to puffy and tired eyes.
Chill 5 or 6 metal spoons in your refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
Hold the rounded portion of one of the cold spoons against your eye for a few minutes until the spoon becomes warm.
As the spoon warms, replace it with another cold one from the refrigerator.
3. Tea Bags
Be it green tea bags or black tea bags, both can help soothe puffy and irritated eyes. They contain anti-irritant properties that help reduce swelling around your eyes. They can also relieve redness and inflammation.
– Green Tea Bags to Soothe Puffy and Irritated Eyes
– Put 2 used tea bags in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
– Lie down and put the tea bags over your eyelids.
– Leave them in place for 10 to 15 minutes.
– Repeat a few times a day.
Chilled cucumbers make a good remedy for treating puffy eyes. The enzymes and the astringent properties in cucumbers help reduce inflammation and help tighten the skin. This remedy will also help get rid of wrinkles and dark circles around your eyes.
– Cut a cucumber into thick slices.
– Chill the slices in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
– Place the cold slices on your eyelids for about 10 minutes or until they become warm.
– Repeat the process several times a day.
5. Egg Whites
Egg whites have skin-tightening properties that can help banish under-eye bags as well as help prevent wrinkles.
– Separate the yolks from 2 eggs and put the whites in a bowl.
– Whip the egg whites thoroughly until you get a stiff consistency.
– Add a few drops of witch hazel, a natural skin-tightening astringent.
– Use a brush or soft cloth to apply this mixture under your eyes and allow it to dry.
– Leave it on for about 15 minutes.
– Do this daily for a few days.
Just like cucumbers, potatoes are also effective in getting rid of puffy eyes. The starch present in potatoes has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce under-eye bags. This remedy is also helpful for fading dark circles under eyes.
– Peel, wash and dry a medium-size potato.
– Grate the potato and put the shavings in a clean cloth and tie it up.
– Place this cloth over your eyelids for several minutes.
– Repeat the process several times until the puffiness subsides.
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends