- 1 (14 ounce) package sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend coconut, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt in a food processor until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form.
- Fold coconut mixture into egg whites until just combined.
- Wet your hands. Roll spoonfuls of coconut mixture between palms to golf ball-size cookies; arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until coconut is slightly golden and toasted, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, 30 minutes.
- Line baking sheet with new piece of parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching.
- Dip half of each cookie in the chocolate and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place in refrigerator until chocolate is set, about 15 minutes.
Please Head On Over To Next Page and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends