Smothered Pork Chops
Servings 6 servings
Cook Time 60 minutes
* 6 pork chops
* 2-3 Tbsp oil
* Salt and pepper for seasoning
* onion powder for seasoning
* 1 large onion sliced
* 1 (14oz) can cream of mushroom soup
* 1 (14oz) can cream of chicken soup
* 1 (10oz) can cream of onion soup
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 small can french fried onions
1. Season chops with salt, pepper and onion powder.
2. Brown chops over medium heat in oil for approximately 5 minutes each side.
3. In the same skillet, caramelize onions.
4. Place browned chops in a casserole dish (or crock pot)
5. Mix soups, onion, milk and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl.
6. Pour mixture over chops; sprinkle with french fried onions and bake for at least 60 minutes or until chops are tender in a 350 degree oven. (For crock pot: 3 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low).
7. It should be bubbly and golden when done.
Sour cream can also be mixed in at the end of crock pot method. It gives it some added flavor. ( Optional ) I like it either way. If adding to oven method, add it to the soups before pouring over meat