This Coconut Cream Pie Recipe is based on reader requests. Outrageously addictive Coconut Cream Pie, just in time for summer parties! Fluffy, creamy, and oh-so coconutty. The Absolute Best Coconut Cream Pie. Truly the absolute best! A creamy, old-fashioned coconut cream pie recipe that this avid baker has used for over 30 years. I have never tasted a better recipe. I really do believe this is the absolute best coconut cream pie. After decades of tasting many different pie recipes I have never had better than this luscious creamy pie…not even close. Although I love coconut cream pie, I never order it in restaurants because of decades of being served gelatinous slop that bore little resemblance to the real thing. I have been making this pie since I was 12 years old and have yet to sample better; nor do I hope to. This is the world’s best coconut cream pie recipe ever. I’ve perfected this recipe over the past decade until it’s become my most-requested pie. It’s unreal. And I’m spilling the secrets to you.
I love coconut cream pie, but I get frustrated with the overly-sweet, stringy, and fake tasting pies that people kept trying to pass off. Some horrible people even put almond extract in their coconut pies–and you need to stop that, it’s over the line. Shut that down.
The absolute best! A creamy, old-fashioned coconut cream pie recipe that this avid baker has used for over 30 years. I have never tasted a better recipe.
1 c milk
1 c sweetened, flaked coconut
1 c light cream
1/2 c sugar
2 Tbsp corn starch
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla
1 pie crust.
8 oz whipped cream.
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Bake pie crust according to directions on package and cool completely.
2. Place milk and light cream in a double boiler. Add sugar and bring to a boil.
3. Add 2 Tbsp. cold water to corn starch. Stir well.
4. In a bowl beat egg yolks until they are light. Add the corn starch mixture to the yolks. Mix well.
5. Add egg mixture to the milk mixture in the double boiler.
6. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and coconut. Stir. Let stand 30 minutes.
8. Pour into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes or until set.
9. Remove plastic wrap. Cover with whipped cream
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends