2 prepared pie crusts
8 ounces cooked, smoked ham, sliced in thin strips about 2 inches in length
1 red bell pepper, core and seeds removed, sliced thin about 2 inches in length
1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
1 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and dried thoroughly
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 egg, beaten for top of crust
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Press one pie crust into the bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese, eggs, and garlic.
5. Evenly spread mixture over the bottom crust.
6. Evenly spread the spinach over the ricotta layer.
7. In a large fry pan, heat the oil. Add the ham and peppers.
8. Heat through, stirring until peppers are tender.
9. Remove from heat. Evenly distribute over spinach.
10. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over meat layer.
11. Top with remaining pie crust. Roll and crimp edges to seal.
12. With a sharp knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top of crust.
13. Brush top evenly with remaining beaten egg.
14. Place on a foil lined baking sheet.
15. Bake on middle rack of oven for 50 minutes, or until top of crust is golden brown.
16. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
17. Carefully remove sides of springform pan.
18. Continue to cool on rack until set, approx. 20 minutes.
19. Serve warm.
Source : allrecipes.com