Best Mexican Mac & Cheese
A simple dish of pasta and creamy cheese, with a few added ingredients, often claims the title of our favorite comfort food.
Mac ‘n’ cheese can be as easy and simple, or as complex and tantalizing, as you want it to be, and many a child has thrived on a steady diet of the hot casserole.
8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
5 ounces light processed cheese (Light Velveeta)
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
1/2 cup salsa
1. Boil water for the macaroni. Cook the noodles in the water until done, usually 7-9 minutes.
2. While the noodles are cooking cube the cheese.
3. When the noodles are done drain them and then return to the pan.
4. Add the cubed cheese and taco seasoning. Stir well, until the cheese is melted.
5. When melted, add the salsa and serve.
Yield : Makes 4 Servings
3 PointsPlus, 3 Smartpoints
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 117 calories; 0.4 g fat; 24 g carbs;
4 g protein; 1.2 g fiber; 108 mg sodium
*SmartPoints are calculated with Weight Watchers Calculator