These are fantastic for a number of reasons… Beautifully colorful, a real standout of a dish. Easy, Really Really DIY Easy to make and cost effective, The whole tray of about 36 appetizers will come in at about a quarter each!
Perfect dish for a catering appetizer or side dish, Great for a pass a plate PotLuck event or any big family gathering.
Only a couple of special needs… A small amount of skills with a piping bag to get the swirly star affect in the Cream Cheese. And a melon baller to remove a portion of the cucumber slices.
Be Festive and ENJOY!
Keep scrolling down for the easy to follow recipe.
4 Ounces (1 Brick) Cream Cheese, Softened to room temperature
1/4 Cup Ranch Dressing (Yes, good old Hidden Valley)
2 TBS Dill (can use other spices… Thyme is excellent also)
3-4 Long Cucumbers. skinned and Slice into thirty 1 inch slices
15 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
Additional Sprinkle of Salt (to Taste, Careful, little goes a long way)
Additional Sprinkle of Spice (same as used in Cream Cheese) for Garnish
Additional Sprinkle of Paprika OR a Cajun Spice Mix (optional) for Garnish (and an extra kick if you use the Cajun Mix)
1) First, Make up the HERB CREAM CHEESE, in a stand mixer, mix the softened Cream Cheese with the Ranch dressing and herbs. Mix until well combined. Spoon into a piping bag with a star tip.
2) Prepare the Cucumber, remove peel, Using a fork, score the sides. Slice into 1 inch pieces. Using a melon Baller, remove a portion of the center of one side of the piece of cucumber, leaving a half moon crater.
3) Pipe the Herb Cream Cheese into the crater. Enough to stick out of the top about 1/2 inch.
4) Add a half Cherry Tomato partially buried into the Herb Cream Cheese
5) Sprinkle additional salt, herbs and spice mix for additional color. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
6) Serve Chilled and ENJOY!
Hit Share To Save On your Wall!
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends