I love this Turtle Cake recipe. I’ve had many and this one is moist and full of chocolaty goodness. A little bit goes a long way. It’s great for a crowd. You’ll Love It!
Enjoy a chocolate turtle cake straight out the oven. Warm is the best way to have them!
No wonder this is a bake sale winner! Devil’s food cake sandwiches caramel, pecans and, yes, more chocolate in the middle. Yum.
This easy, delicious cake is always a hit! The cake is easy because it’s made with a cake mix, and delicious because of the rich caramel layer, pecans, and fabulous cocoa frosting. You could use a purchased frosting on the cake if you want to cut back on the time. It’s a sweet, rich cake, almost like candy, so plan on small pieces.
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups pecans
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 (14 ounce) bags caramels
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup oil
1 (18 ounce) boxes German chocolate cake mix
1) Prepare cake mix as directed. Pour 1/2 of the batter in a 13×9 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
2) Remove and let cool. In a double boiler, add caramels, milk and butter and stir constantly till melted.
3) Pour melted caramel over cooling cake.
4) Sprinkle on top 1 cup of pecans& chocolate chips.
5) Pour remaining batter on top and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends