How to Cook a Sirloin Beef Roast
Traditional Roast Sirloin of Beef. The only way to enjoy this most splendid of feasts is to make absolutely sure the beef is good
- Top Sirloin Roast, about 5 to 7 pounds
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon white pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of Herbes de Provence.
- Pull the roast out of the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make sure roast is tied, most butchers will do it for you. If not, use butchers twine to tie it.
- Season the meat with spices, make sure you season it all over.
- Place the roast fat side up on a rack, this is crucial. You want dry heat for this type of meat, braising in liquid is not an option for this one. Use a rack inside your baking pan, most come with one.
- Place the roast in the preheated oven. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes (depends on size of roast) at 450 degrees F. Then, without opening the oven door, turn the heat down to 325 degrees F.
- Cook until meat thermometer inserted reaches about 140 degrees. Generally this should take about 2½ to 3 hours, but it varies on oven and roast size.
- Pull the roast out of the oven. Remove the rack and place roast on a cutting board. Allow to rest for about 15 minutes. This is crucial, do not be tempted to cut into it right away. Letting meat rest is a thing of beauty. The juices redistribute and the result is succulent meat.
- You can make gravy while it’s resting if you like.
- Slice the roast. Place on platter.
- Serve with a big old “I no longer hate sirloin” smile!
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends