Traditional Italian Easter Pie made with eggs, referred to as pizza rustica in Italian, is a typical Italian Easter creation. Made with pizza or bread dough and filled with beaten eggs and cured Italian sausage, it’s a fabulous dish that everyone loves.
If you were raised in an Italian household, you probably know about this pizza rustica, as it is traditionally made and served during Easter.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- ·ok, i cannot tell a lie…i used pillsbury all ready pie crust to save time. but by all means feel free to make your own.
- 1packet of active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 c warm water
- 5-6 c flour
- 2 Tbs polive oil
- 1/2 lb sweet italian sausage (or hot if you prefer) removed from the casing
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1/3 lb fresh mozzarella cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cgrated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1/4 lb priscuitto (or american ham if you prefer), sliced and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 lbgenoa salami, sliced and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 lb pepperoni, sliced and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ·parsely flakes and pepper to taste (you can add a little salt, to taste but remember the meats are salty so don’t add too much salt)
- 1egg yolk for egg wash
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends