1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped
1-2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves peeled + chopped
500g mince beef
1 tsp parsley
1/3 cup tomato paste
1 can chopped tomatoes
3½ cups beef stock
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Bucatini, 250g
2 tubs Cream cheese
¾ – 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
¾ – 1 cup Gouda Cheese
1. Add the oil to a cast iron pot, over medium heat. Add the chopped onions, carrots and celery and fry for 5-8 minutes
2. Add the garlic and mince, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon. Fry for 5-8 minutes or until brown.
3. Stir in the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, stock, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to the boil. Add the parsley
4. Add the Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Bucatini. Cook for 5-7 min until pasta starts to soften and the sauce has thickened slightly.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Drop spoons full of cream cheese onto the spaghetti bolognaise top, trying to create the most solid possible ‘layer,’ then sprinkle gouda cheese, followed by mozzarella cheese on top, ensuring to fully cover the pasta.
7. Place the pot into the oven at 180°C, for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is golden and bubbling.
8. Top with fresh basil leaves, serve and ENJOY!