Peach Cobbler Pound Cake is a perfect combination of a sweet summer Peach Cobbler and a rich buttery Pound Cake. This is a delicious combination of morning coffee, afternoon tea, and dessert ice cream.
Every August, Georgia celebrates the month of august. Georgia is known for being “The Peach State”, and August is National Peach Month. Special cocktails, cobblers, and souvenirs are created by local bars, restaurants, and shops. The real peach lovers? They work harder.
Peach County residents hold an annual Peach Festival, where parades, pageants and parties are all dedicated the beautiful stone fruit. Rich Bennett, along with his volunteers, create “The World’s Largest Peach Cobbler” on the first Saturday of the festival. This cobbler contains 75 gallons fresh Georgia Peaches, 150 lbs of self-rising flour and 150 lbs of sugar. It also includes 32 gallons milk, 90 lb butter, and 150 lb of sugar. What did you get? It was a huge success.
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 Tbsp. Baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. Salt
* 1 1/2 tsp. * 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp. Allspice
* 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
* 2 tsp. vanilla extract
* 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
* 2 cans peaches
* 4 Tbsp. Butter
* 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
* 4 oz cream cheese, softened
* 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
* 1/2 tsp. * 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°F Use cooking spray to grease a 10-inch Bundt pan and then dust it with flour.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Add the cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and sugar. Set aside.
3. Beat the butter in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in the sugar until it is light and fluffy.
4. Mix in the eggs one at a while, beating well between each addition. Continue beating until smooth.
5. Mix in half of the flour mixture. Continue beating until the flour mixture is well combined. Incorporate the cubed cream cheese in the batter.
6. Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Mix in the brown sugar. Whisk until it is dissolved.
7. Mix the peaches with the oil until they are well coated. Place the batter in a Bundt pan. Pour the batter on top of the peaches.
8. Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Then, let cool on the counter for about 30 minutes.
9. Allow the cake to cool in a Bundt pan for about 15-20 minutes. Then, invert it onto a plate.
10. 10. In a medium bowl, combine the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
11. 11. Mix the powdered sugar with the flour until well combined. Mix in the vanilla and cinnamon.
12. 12. Spread half of the frosting on the warm cake. Let the cake cool completely before frosting the rest of it.