You will love the way the layers on this icebox cake will keep your taste buds guessing. This will satisfy any sweet and sour cravings you may be having.
Don’t be in a hurry to dive in to it though. It does need 4 hours to chill before serving. Looks to me like it will be worth the wait.
- 48 ritz crackers
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted caramel sauce, divided
- Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla, and beat until stiff peaks form, about 3-5 minutes.
- Arrange an even layer of crackers over the bottom of the baking dish. Top the crackers with 1/3 cream cheese mixture, then, drizzle 1/3 caramel sauce over the top.
- Repeat with another layer of crackers, 1/3 cream cheese mixture, another 1/3 of the caramel sauce, another layer of crackers, and remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until set, at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once chilled, cut into squares and top with additional whipped cream and caramel sauce, if desired. Enjoy!