Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
- 1 eggplant, sliced into strips
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- fresh basil leaf
- 1 loaf focaccia bread
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the eggplant and red bell pepper on a baking sheet and brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roast in preheated oven for about 25 minutes; roast the peppers until blackened. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until tender.
- Stir crushed garlic into mayonnaise. Slice focaccia in half lengthwise. Spread mayonnaise mixture on one or both halves.
- Peel cooled peppers, core and slice. Arrange the eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, and basil on the focaccia.
- Wrap the sandwich in plastic wrap. Place a cutting board on top of it and weigh it down with some canned goods. Allow sandwich to sit for 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Source : Food.com
Please Head On Over To Next Page and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends