This Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup couldn’t be easier…and there are so many health benefits from eating Chicken Soup!
YIELDS APPROXIMATELY 10 CUPS
- 3 chicken breasts, trimmed of fat and cut in half
- 1 1/4 cups brown rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp butter (optional)
- 9 cups chicken broth
- Place all ingredients in order in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Check the rice to see if it is done after about 4 hours. It will continue to absorb the liquid from the broth if you leave it in the slow cooker for too long, and every slow cooker (Crock-Pot) is different.
- Thirty minutes before serving, remove the chicken from slow cooker and shred or cut into cubes.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker, cook for thirty more minutes, and serve.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe Tips
- Use fresh seasonings, as mentioned above. Feel free to add more or less depending on your taste. I tend to use a little more because I love the taste of the seasonings in the soup – especially the sage and rosemary!
- If you are watching fat content, you can totally skip the butter. The butter gives a little more richness to the broth, but it is not necessary. The soup will taste just as good without it.
- This soup thickens when it cools. I love leftovers of this soup because the flavors really come out after it sits for a day or two, but it will be a thicker soup than when you eat it straight from the Slow Cooker. If you prefer a thinner soup, just add some water to it when re-heating to give it the consistency you desire.
- Serve this soup with a crusty bread or dinner roll.
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends