Smothered pork chops are delicious and a quick meal to make even on a busy night! They are so good!
This is a quick meal thats simple to make even for the most basic cook! You will definitely enjoy this recipe.
Goes great over egg noodles or with rice. Also goes great with mashed potatoes. My kids love this recipe and we make it frequently! Even though it’s a very basic meal it turns out delicious every time!
You know that when a recipe has ‘smothered’ in the name, it’s going to be easy. It’s a beautiful combination of dark, rich onion gravy covering pan-fried pork chops. Serve over hot cooked rice. This classic Southern recipe is a weeknight dinner CLASSIC. We keep coming back to it over and over again, because not only is it delicious, it’s also super easy to make! Wanna make this dish part of your weekly repertoire? We say: DO IT! Read on for answers to frequently asked questions and start heating up your skillet. 😉Southern Smothered Pork Chops Recipe – Lightly breaded pork chops are smothered in a rich savory and well seasoned brown gravy resulting in the perfect Southern classic. A TRUE DELICACY OF THE SOUTH! Smothered pork chops are a Southern comfort classic featuring pan-fried pork chops covered in a simple but super savory onion gravy. This smothered pork chops recipe is great over white rice, which soaks up the delicious sauce and makes this down-home dish a feast.
Smothered Pork Chops
Servings 6 servings
Cook Time 60 minutes
* 6 pork chops
* 2-3 Tbsp oil
* Salt and pepper for seasoning
* onion powder for seasoning
* 1 large onion sliced
* 1 (14oz) can cream of mushroom soup
* 1 (14oz) can cream of chicken soup
* 1 (10oz) can cream of onion soup
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 small can french fried onions
1. Season chops with salt, pepper and onion powder.
2. Brown chops over medium heat in oil for approximately 5 minutes each side.
3. In the same skillet, caramelize onions.
4. Place browned chops in a casserole dish (or crock pot)
5. Mix soups, onion, milk and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl.
6. Pour mixture over chops; sprinkle with french fried onions and bake for at least 60 minutes or until chops are tender in a 350 degree oven. (For crock pot: 3 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low).
7. It should be bubbly and golden when done.
Sour cream can also be mixed in at the end of crock pot method. It gives it some added flavor. ( Optional ) I like it either way. If adding to oven method, add it to the soups before pouring over meat