BESR RECIPE REVIEWS FROM ALLRECIPES.COM
TEXAS SHEET CAKE RECIPE
Most cooks have a Texas Sheet Cake recipe in their repertoire. It’s a simple, delicious, no-fail, crowd pleasing dessert.
I have been making this cake as far back as I can remember, minus the ingredients that make this a “turtle” cake.
I thought it would be fun to mix things up with some caramel and pecans. After having this version, I might not go back to the original. Although, I am tempted to try it with some salted caramel next time. Doesn’t that sound good?
This Texas Turtle Sheet Cake is a tasty twist on the classic dessert from our lone star state. If you spend any length of time in Texas, eventually someone is gonna give you a slice of Texas Sheet Cake – it’s just inevitable.
It’s easy to make – simple to serve, and it makes hungry crowds happy. This big ol’ cake is a symbol of Texan hospitality. I like to jazz mine up with chocolate chips and caramel sauce.
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups self-rising flour
1 cup butter
1 cup strong black coffee
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup butter
4 tablespoons buttermilk
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup caramel sauce, to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour the pan or use parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine self-rising flour and granulated sugar. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine 1 cup butter, 1 cup coffee, and 1/3 cup cocoa. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour into the prepared dry ingredients. Using a hand-held mixer, mix on medium speed until wet and dry ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add eggs and the 1/2 cup of buttermilk. Mix on medium speed for another minute or so, until well combined.
3. Pour into baking pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes. When cake is done baking, a toothpick or fork inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean.
4. Prepare the frosting. In a medium saucepan, combine 1/4 cup butter, 4 tablespoons buttermilk, and 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat and use a wire whisk to gradually mix in powdered sugar, a 1/2 cup at a time.
6. Spread or pour the warm frosting over the cake. While the cake is still warm, sprinkle with chopped pecans, and chocolate chips. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
Source : allrecipes.com
Please Head On Over To Next Page and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends