Sweet, savory, and full of flavor, this Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken dish can’t be beat! The whole family will love the mixture of tender chicken and juicy pineapple chunks lying on a bed of brown rice or quinoa. The best part of this recipe is the pineapple because it’s a SUPERFOOD. Pineapples help keep bones healthy and strong because they are a top source for bromelain, which helps support joint health. If you want to get inventive, throw some Superfood veggies into the mix to add to the fun. Great choices would be: carrots, cherry tomatoes, and asparagus.
This recipe is amazing because it not only tastes great, but is only 7 grams of fat per serving!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 1.5 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in natural juice
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce, optional tamari
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drain
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, sliced into 1″ strips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends