- 1 cup of flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 14 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean by placing the bean on a flat surface. Hold the bean flat with one hand, and split the bean in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. Use the back side of the paring knife’s blade to scrape the dark, moist pulp from the vanilla bean; this will prevent any strings from the vanilla bean pod in the seeds.
- In a separate bowl, add the white sugar and the scraped vanilla bean seeds. Using your fingers, combine the sugar with the vanilla bean seeds until evenly distributed.
- Add the brown sugar and butter to the bowl and beat using a hand mixer until creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and oats to the butter mixture until just combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until brown around the edges and just set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends